hydro plants assessed
亚博体育开户and eInspector tools added value
亚博体育开户levelized CAPEX plan for upgrades produced
- Nalcor Energy needed a technical assessment, CAPEX plan, and an asset management plan in order to bring three aging hydroelectric facilities up to the standards expected of today's utilities.
- The 100-plus-year-old plants were obtained from Abitibi Bowater Paper Company in 2009.
- The Grand Falls, Bishop’s Falls, and Buchans generating stations located in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador, have a combined output of 101 MW from 15 units, with associated water-retaining structures needed to supply the operation.
- The HydroVantage software system was used to establish the optimal, risk-informed intervention strategy for the next 20 years.
- A physical inspection was undertaken of all facilities and past O&M records were evaluated, along with a detailed condition assessment of all assets in the system.
- Alternatives such as overhaul, refurbishment, upgrade, or replacement were considered, and their costs were estimated.
- A risk-based assessment of alternatives led to a recommended capital expenditures plan, which was also levelized to satisfy financial constraints.
- The proprietary eInspector tool was customized to collect and store the data on physical assets.
- HydroVantage prioritized CAPEX, based on minimizing risk due to equipment failures.
- The owner’s annual CAPEX constraints were levelized for the 20-year CAPEX plan.
What's your challenge?
Kemano Second Tunnel (T2) Project
British Columbia, Canada
Mesquite Solar 1
亚博体育开户United States of America
Oxec II Hydroelectric Project
Rainy River Solar
Thunder Bay solar projects