920 acres in the harsh Southern Arizona desert
Over 300 inverter systems
190,000 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions offset annually
- The plant was experiencing unexpected operational issues after construction was complete.
- These operational issues had a significant impact on the site's energy production.
- A cross-functional team that consisted of Hatch, the constructor, and other consultants was formed to identify potential root causes.
- We provided a small team of experienced engineers with unique and specialized skills specific to electrical grounding and large solar inverters.
- A detailed GAP analysis was developed and concerns were identified that related to system design specifications, grounding grid impedance measurements, fall potential readings, and system modeling.
- One of the first utility solar power plants installed in the United States, it is larger than 100MW with future growth plans to reach 700MW.
- A complete review of the electrical grounding system design was carried out, which included nearly 500 documents and drawings.
- Unique mechanisms and potential root causes were identified for the problems noted based on specific-to-large solar inverter know-how.
Project numbers800,000 multicrystalline modules
85,000 steel piers
300 US construction jobs
56,000 households powered
Expandable up to 700MW capacity
20-year power purchase agreement
What's your challenge?
Kemano Second Tunnel (T2) Project
亚博体育开户British Columbia, Canada
Oxec II Hydroelectric Project
Rainy River Solar
Thunder Bay solar projects