largest calcium carbide furnaces
亚博体育开户calcium carbide smelter with four 90 MW Hatch furnaces
亚博体育开户calcium carbide smelter with one 90 MW Hatch furnace
- Main challenges are the scale-up of the smelting furnace, development of a safe, dry, gas-cleaning system to recover carbon monoxide gas, and mechanical handling and automation of calcium carbide from taphole to crusher
- As part of the Chinese government’s regional development plans, QSLIC is building a fully integrated manufacturing complex. Among the eight plants in the integrated production train is a 950,000 t/a calcium carbide smelter, including four 90 MW Hatch furnaces.
- Additionally, near Xining, QSLIC’s Haina subsidiary has developed an integrated facility for the production of cement and PVC with intermediate calcium-carbide production, including one 90 MW Hatch furnace.
- Deliver key technology components, including 90 MW calcium carbide furnaces, dry carbon monoxide off-gas systems, and automated mechanical handling systems for the molten calcium carbide product.
- Provide services, including basic design of the smelter plant, detailed design of the furnaces, gas cleaning, calcium carbide handling systems, and associated control systems, procurement, site construction, and commissioning support.
- Innovations in the project include the world’s largest calcium carbide furnaces, with double the capacity of existing international precedents, an automated mechanical-handling system for calcium carbide, advanced control and safety systems, and three Hatch-patented technologies incorporated in the dry CO off-gas system.
- The dry carbon monoxide gas-cleaning system fully recovers furnace gas as a reusable fuel source for other processes. The system incorporates safety features, such as nitrogen purging and a 100%-positive-pressure flow sheet to minimize the risk of air ingress and the potential for explosive atmospheres in the process.
Project numbers90 MW calcium carbide furnaces, largest in the world
2,000°C molten calcium carbide handling system
100% positive-pressure dry gas cleaning flow sheet