2.5 Mtpa to 2.7 Mtpa
亚博体育开户increase capacity, K1 2012
2.6 Mtpa to 3.3 Mtpa
亚博体育开户increase capacity, K2 2013
亚博体育开户all important metrics
- Esterhazy, the world’s largest potash mine, wanted to increase capacity to 7.0 Mtpa by 2018.
- K1: increase production capability from 2.5 Mtpa to 2.7 Mtpa in 2012; K2: from 2.6 Mtpa to 3.3 Mtpa in 2013. Expand to 4.4 Mtpa by 2018.
- Expansion projects must be fully integrated without impact to existing operations. Careful design, planning, and experience of our team were critical for successful execution.
- Esterhazy K1 expansion project increased the crushing and screening area of the plant. We provided full EPCM and commissioning following both conceptual and prefeasibility studies.
- Esterhazy K2 expansion project added a third, independent circuit to the mill wet side; additions and upgrades to the mill dry-side equipment; and a fourth compaction circuit.
- We provided successful prefeasibility and feasibility studies, and full engineering, procurement, construction management, and commissioning services to complete this expansion.
- Brownfield work was completed with minimal impact on operations and an excellent safety record.
- Projects ramped up quickly and exceeded design capacities during proving runs.
- Advancements were made in process automation/control for new production.
"In total, our proving runs for Esterhazy and Colonsay added 1.7 million tonnes compared to the expected increase of 1.3 million tonnes—almost 30% higher. These exceptional results were delivered on budget and on time."