亚博体育开户on-site engineering support
亚博体育开户in capital savings in 2013
in capital and operating cost avoidance
- As many as 80 in-plant projects simultaneously for RTFT, ranging from a few thousand dollars to tens of millions of dollars in CAPEX.
- The company's on-site engineering team was significantly reduced between 2013 and 2015
- There was a real need to deliver projects with the same high quality and efficiency, with far fewer people to carry out the work.
- Any cost savings we identified had to be implemented in a context of increased safety and environmental requirements.
- RTFT and Hatch stay closely connected and aligned to the business drivers at all levels of our respective organizations.
- We continuously maintain an on-site presence with strong team continuity. This ensures an in-depth knowledge of the plant and a rapid, efficient response to evolving needs.
- Our combined teams use tools like the total cost of ownership program, with annual objectives and performance criteria for projects related to regular plant operations.
- We identify ways to reduce the total installed cost for each project. Alternative designs and solutions; reduced scope; alternative fabrication materials; and optimized schedules can all produce savings.
- A relentless focus on safety, innovation, and value optimization.
- In 2013, we proposed 49 ideas, 22 of which were implemented, saving from C$4,000 to C$350,000 per project–nearly 3% capital savings for the year.
- We further contribute to operating-cost savings and cost-avoidance ideas which, once implemented, typically save 20% over the annual capital plan.
- Working together, we and RTFT continuously challenged our teams to find new ways of further reducing operating costs and minimizing – even avoiding – capital spending.