亚博体育开户man-hours with 0 LTIs
with no contingency used
project ahead of schedule
over design capacity in first year of production
- Establish a nearby greenfield processing-and-material-handling facility to produce an initial 9 Mtpa of iron ore from the Kolomela mine.
- Develop the Kolomela mine as a direct-shipping operation to meet the increased demand for high-grade iron ore.
- Provided full engineering, procurement, project and construction management for the plant, stockyard, and load-out facility.
- Expanded the purpose of the Kolomela mine to include a direct-shipping operation.
- Designed and managed the rail link from the mine to the main Sishen–Saldanha line as a separate project.
- Assumed construction management of the housing development for operations staff in 2011 and completed 718 houses.
- Winner, Kumba Iron Ore’s Gold “Laurel” Safety Award (2011)
- Project completed within budget and ahead of schedule
Project numbersR6.5 billion (Hatch’s role: R2.3 billion)
30,000 m3 of concrete poured
1,450 tonnes of plate work
1,300 tonnes of structural steel
1,100 tonnes of conveyors
335 mechanical equipment items
205 km of electric and instrument cables
26 km of piping
840 jobs created